Golfing and fishing breaks in the Scottish Borders at The Glen Hotel, Selkirk
Family Friendly Hotel in Selkirk Scottish Borders
CORONA VIRUS – COVID 19
Due to the current situation regarding the above we are closed for business.
We will review our position at the end of April and update at that time.
Thank you for your understanding.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
A family run establishment situated on the River Ettrick in Selkirk, The Glen Hotel provides a pleasant and welcoming ambience, making guests feel right at home.
The Glen Hotel is a picturesque hotel of Victorian roots, within the Scottish Borders. Selkirk is an ideal location for golfing, fishing or simple leisurely breaks. It is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, yet only an hour from Edinburgh.
Accommodation: The hotel has nine guest bedrooms available, all of which are en-suite. Eight rooms are located on the first floor with one at ground level with a roll in shower and assistance rails. Fibre Optic Wifi is available in all rooms.
Evening Meals “New Policy”
Monday to Thursday – An evening meal will consist of a main “Dish of the day” which will be available at 6.30pm
Friday to Sunday – We will not be serving evening meals on these days.
- Beautiful area
The Glen is more than just a family run hotel, built in 1856 our hotel used to be a vicarage to the church at the bottom of our gardens.
Just a stones throw away from River Ettrick, it is ideal for those who are looking for a relaxed break surrounding themselves in beautiful scenery.
Fishing and golf is very popular. As is walking The Borders Abbeys Way that comes through Selkirk.
- Family rooms
- We have dedicated family rooms, but if you require an additional fold out bed please let us know so we can accommodate your whole family comfortably.
Breakfast is served
From October 1st 2018, Evening Meals are served Monday to Thursday at 6:30pm.
There will be a main "Dish of the Day".
- Bar and sitting area
- We have extended our relaxed comfortable seating area for guests to relax with a drink from the bar.
- Disabled room
Our beautiful ground floor guest room overlooking the garden is available as either a twin or double with a super king sized bed. This room is wheelchair accessible. The en suite is suitably arranged with a roll in shower and plenty of assist rails for guests needing a little help with mobility.
Please note that this room is not dog friendly.
- Dog friendly
An increasing number of guests prefer to bring their dog with them so here at The Glen Hotel we have a number of rooms that are dog friendly,
We also appreciate that some guests may suffer with allergies and to that end there are certain rooms where pets are specifically not allowed. All guests who are planning on bringing their dog with them must please comply with the following;
* Inform us at the time of booking of their intention to bring
their dog with them.
* Maximum of 2 dogs in any one room
* Dogs are not permitted onto the beds or furniture
* Dogs are not allowed to be left alone in the room unless the
owner is still in the hotel
* Please pick up after your dog if you use the hotel gardens
- Bridal suite
- Our large four poster room has fantastic views over looking the River Ettrick. With a small sitting area and large open plan room it gives a feeling of sophistication when getting ready with your bridal party on the morning of your wedding. Once you have left to enjoy your day we will turn it into a luxurious room for you to return to with your new husband or wife.
- There is a small car park located at the font of the hotel. However, with considered parking there are sufficient spaces for all 9 rooms
- Business experience
Fibre Optic Wi Fi
In an attempt to ensure all of our guests can connect with the outside world we have installed dedicated Access Points directly linked to our Fibre Optic router in every guest room as well as our public areas.
- Non Smoking
- We operate a strictly no smoking policy throughout our hotel. We have an allocated space outside for customers who would like to smoke.