Golfing and fishing breaks in the Scottish Borders at The Glen Hotel, Selkirk
Family Friendly Hotel in Selkirk Scottish Borders
A family run establishment situated on the River Ettrick in Selkirk, The Glen Hotel provides a pleasant and welcoming ambiance, making guests feel right at home.
The Howland family have been passionately managing the hotel for over twelve years, and awaits you with the utmost warmth to offer you an unforgettable holiday in the heart of the Scottish Borders.
The Glen Hotel is a picturesque hotel of Victorian roots, within the Scottish Borders. Selkirk is an ideal location for golfing, fishing or simple leisurely breaks. It is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, yet only an hour from Edinburgh.
Golfers and anglers are well catered for at The Glen Hotel as we stand overlooking the River Ettrick, which is most convenient for avid anglers, as well as just a stone’s throw from the Tweed. Golfers can choose from 21 courses nearby, with many within 30 minutes drive of the hotel.
There are many walks near the hotel. We are on the Borders route Abbey Way. Abbottsford House was Sir Walter Scotts house which is only 3 miles away.
- Beautiful area
The Glen is more than just a family run hotel, built in 1856 our hotel used to be a vicarage to the church at the bottom of our gardens.
Just a stones throw away from River Ettrick, it is ideal for those who are looking for a relaxed break surrounding themselves in beautiful scenery.
Fishing and golf is very popular. As is walking The Borders Abbey Way that comes through Selkirk.
- Breakfast and dinner
Breakfast is served
Our restaurant opens at 6:30pm to 8pm from Monday to Saturday only. As we are a small family run establishment Evening Meals are by Reservation Only with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
Our Menu changes weekly but following is a sample;
Starters - Soup/Pate/Fish cakes
Mains - Sirloin Steak
Beer Battered Fish and chips
Thai Red Chicken Curry
Desserts - Sticky toffee pudding
Movenpick Ice Creams
- At the end of the day, when all of your energy has been exhausted, why not enjoy a relaxing drink in our well-stocked bar which overlooks the River Ettrick and Selkirk’s stunning valleys.
- Disabled facilities
Our beautiful ground floor guest room overlooking the garden is available as either a twin or double with a super king sized bed. This room is wheelchair accessible. The en suite is suitably arranged with a roll in shower and plenty of assist rails for guests needing a little help with mobility.
Please note that this room is not dog friendly.
- Dog friendly
The Glen Hotel has a number of rooms that are dog friendly, with so many walks available from our doorstep. You are guaranteed to tire out even the most energetic of pets.
We also appreciate that some guests may suffer with allergies and to that end there are certain rooms where pets are not allowed. Therefore if you are booking, and plan to bring Fido along with you, please confirm so when booking as pet friendly rooms are limited and subject to availability. Maximum 2 dogs.
- Bridal suite
- Our large four poster room has fantastic views over looking the River Ettrick. With a small sitting area and large open plan room it gives a feeling of sophistication when getting ready with your bridal party on the morning of your wedding. Once you have left to enjoy your day we will turn it into a luxurious room for you to return to with your new husband or wife.
- Family rooms
- We have dedicated family rooms, but if you require an additional fold out bed please let us know so we can accommodate your whole family comfortably.
- There is a small car park located at the font of the hotel, all spaces are based on first come first serve.
- Business experience
Fibre Optic Wi Fi
In an attempt to ensure all of our guests can connect with the outside world we have installed dedicated Access Points directly linked to our Fibre Optic router in every guest room as well as our public areas.
- Non Smoking
- We operate a strictly no smoking policy throughout our hotel. We have an allocated space outside for customers who would like to smoke.