Golfing and fishing breaks in the Scottish Borders at The Glen Hotel, Selkirk
Family Friendly Hotel in Selkirk
A family run establishment situated on the River Ettrick in Selkirk, The Glen Hotel provides a pleasant and welcoming ambiance, making guests feel right at home.
The Howland family have been passionately managing the hotel for over ten years, and awaits you with the utmost warmth to offer you an unforgettable holiday in the heart of the Scottish Borders.
The Glen Hotel is a picturesque hotel of Victorian roots, within the Scottish Borders. Selkirk is an ideal location for golfing, fishing or simple leisurely breaks. It is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, yet only an hour from Edinburgh.
Golfers and anglers are well catered for at The Glen Hotel as we stand overlooking the River Ettrick, which is most convenient for avid anglers, as well as just a stone’s throw from the Tweed. Golfers can choose from 21 courses nearby, with many within 30 minutes drive of the hotel. You can also benefit from discounted prices due to Visit Scotland’s ‘Freedom of the Fairways’ scheme.
- Business experience
Fibre Optic Wi Fi
In an attempt to ensure all of our guests can connect with the outside world we have installed dedicated Access Points directly linked to our Fibre Optic router in every guest room as well as our public areas.
- Than anyone else
- There is a small car park located at the font of the hotel, all spaces are based on first come first serve.
- At Glen
The Glen Hotel has a number of rooms that are dog friendly, with so many walks available from our doorstep. You are guaranteed to tire out even the most energetic of pets.
We also appreciate that some guests may suffer with allergies and to that end there are certain rooms where pets are not allowed. Therefore if you are booking, and plan to bring Fido along with you, please confirm so when booking as pet friendly rooms are limited and subject to availability.
- At the end of the day, when all of your energy has been exhausted, why not enjoy a relaxing drink in our well-stocked bar which overlooks the River Ettrick and Selkirk’s stunning valleys. Our evening menu offers you a wide variety of home-made starters, main courses and desserts, from traditional favourites to continental dishes.
- Breakfast FREE
The Glen is more than just a family run hotel, built in (YEAR) our hotel used to be a vicarage to the church at the bottom of our gardens.
Just a stones throw away from River Ettrick, it is ideal for those who are looking for a relaxed break surrounding themselves in beautiful scenery.
- Restaurant (a la carte)
- Our restaurant opens at 6:30pm to 8pm from Monday to Saturday. Please let us know before you arrive if you would like to dine in our restaurant.
- Bridal suite
- Our large four poster room has fantastic views over looking the River Ettrick. With a small sitting area and large open plan room it gives a feeling of sophistication when getting ready with your bridal party on the morning of your wedding. Once you have left to enjoy your day we will turn it into a luxurious room for you to return to with your new husband or wife.
- Non Smoking
- We operate a strictly no smoking policy throughout our hotel. We have an allocated space outside for customers who would like to smoke.
- Disabled facilities
Our ground floor guest room is available as either a twin or double with a super king sized bed. The en suite is suitably arranged with a roll in shower and plenty of assist rails for guests needing a little help with mobility.
Please note that this room is not dog friendly.
- If you would like to read the morning paper at breakfast please let us know the evening before so we can have it delivered at your convenience.
- Family rooms
- We have dedicated family rooms, but if you require an additional fold out bed please let us know so we can accommodate your whole family comfortably.